QuickLook generator for Markdown files.
Whoosh is a fast, featureful full-text indexing and searching library implemented in pure Python.
Whoosh was created and is maintained by MattChaput. It was originally created for use in the online help system of Side Effects Software's 3D animation software Houdini. Side Effects Software Inc. graciously agreed to open-source the code.
Some of Whoosh's features include:
* Pythonic API.
* Pure-Python. No compilation or binary packages needed, no mysterious crashes.
* Fielded indexing and search.
* Fast indexing and retrieval — much faster than any other pure-Python solution.
* Pluggable scoring algorithm (including BM25F), text analysis, storage, posting format, etc.
* Powerful query language parsed by pyparsing.
* Pure Python spell-checker (as far as I know, the only one).