This is a wiki for people who are curious about developing computer and mobile phone applications that involve various telephony interfaces such as voice dialing, IVR, and SMS functionality. It is meant to be a place for people to collaborate and share information in order to lower the barrier of entry for developing useful mobile applications. The focus is on free and open-source solutions and many of the projects here take advantage of or build upon related open-source projects.
RapidSMS is a Free and Open Source framework for developing short message-based applications.
* RapidSMS is a messaging development framework, in the same way that Django or Rails are web development frameworks.
* RapidSMS is designed to do the heavy lifting for you. You implement your application logic, and RapidSMS takes care of the rest.
* RapidSMS is designed specifically to facilitate building applications around mobile SMS.
* … but it supports pluggable messaging backends, including IRC and HTTP, and more are possible (e.g. email).
* RapidSMS is Open Source and is written in Python.
* RapidSMS integrates with Django, allowing you to easily develop web-based views of your messaging app.
* RapidSMS is designed to scale efficiently.
* RapidSMS provides (or will eventually provide) core support for message parsing, i18n, and more.
Reverend is a general purpose Bayesian classifier, named after Rev. Thomas Bayes. Use the Reverend to quickly add Bayesian smarts to your app. To use it in your own application, you either subclass Bayes or pass it a tokenizing function. Bayesian fun has never been so quick and easy. Many thanks for Christophe Delord for his well written PopF. Orange also looks good. If you are looking for a spam filter take a look at SpamBayes? and POPFile.