A mini-framework for Django for creating RESTful APIs.
Piston is a relatively small Django application that lets you
create application programming interfaces (API) for your sites.
It has several unique features:
* Ties into Django's internal mechanisms.
* Supports OAuth out of the box (as well as Basic/Digest or custom auth.)
* Doesn't require tying to models, allowing arbitrary resources.
* Speaks JSON, YAML, Python Pickle & XML (and HATEOAS.)
* Ships with a convenient reusable library in Python
* Respects and encourages proper use of HTTP (status codes, …)
* Has built in (optional) form validation (via Django), throttling, etc.
* Stays out of your way.