UMap is the Universal ActionScript 3.0 Mapping API. The scalable component model allows you to create rich maps with interactive data layers.
This API lets Flex developers embed Google Maps in Flash applications.
It just keeps getting easier and easier to get a fully functional open source GIS workstation up and running thanks to Ubuntu.
As a followup to my previous post on turning Ubuntu Gutsy into a GIS workstation, Here are the revised instructions for Ubuntu 8.04
Between Where2.0 and WhereCamp i used the spare time to write bit more on some posts for my GoignPlaces miniseries (they are not quite finished but have gettting close) . I also paid a visit to Stanford and especially the bookstore. Very impressive selection of real computer-science books.
Too much to actually carry back home to Germany. Hence i decided not to buy various fascicles of TAOCP and quite some other books.
Finally i settled on the following five books: 3 computer science and two more popular science related books.
- Jewels of Stringology (Maxime Crochemore, Wojciech Rytter) | Amazon (US)
- Processing: Creative Coding and Computational Art (Ira Greenberg) | Amazon (US)
- Aesthetic Computing (Paul A. Fishwick (Ed.) | Amazon (US)
- One to Nine – The Inner Life of Numbers (Andrew Hodges) | Amazon (US)
- Surely you’re joking Mr. Feynman – Adventures of a Curious Character (Richard P. Feynman) | Amazon (US)
BTW. : Does anybody know if and when Delicious Library 2 will finally get through the doors?
PS.: Couldn’t get the image upload working with WP2.5 (Covers will be added later)