Sorry for the long hiatus on this blog. So before i start blogging again (new years resolution), a short wrap-up about what i was doing in the meantime. Since August, i
- first had to prepare a couple of talks
- Georgi Kobilarov kindly asked me to give a presentation at the Web of Data Meetup Berlin
- Then i was invited to give a talk at the IFRA Newsroom Summit in London (right before Arthor Sulzberger Jr.’s speaking slot :-)
- then went for a two week holiday (Sardegna, – very nice),
- had three weeks of
- conferences (Scoopcamp, Scoopcamp Hackathon),
- fairs (IFRA Expo),
- meetings (MINDS International) and
- workshops (BDZV – Tablets für Blattmacher) and
- did the preparation for next years budgeting.
- did some more talks
- an invited dinner talk at the Cassini Convention (a years end customer event )
- and a talk at the Innovation-Forum (a course in the brand news Masters study IT-Management and Consulting) at the CS department at the University of Hamburg
- and participated in the 1st Speedlab journalism (as an expert on “The future of news” :-)
All in addition to running several projects: mostly focused on digital publishing, but also on (Geo-)Metadata and other stuff.
In my spare time i continued renovating the house and started setting up my new desktop computer (The first desktop i bought in more than ten years). Actually it is no longer a desktop since i wall mounted it. For those interested: it’s quite a beast (27” iMac, Core i7, 16GB RAM, SSD + 1 TB) that should povide the processing power for the experiments i want to run this year.
So all in all it was (and still is) a quite busy time.
I hope in the meantime you enjoyed my Google shared item feed, my delicious bookmark feed , and my twitter feed
But now i’m back and intend to spent more time on blogging (and building stuff) again.